TV Interview, WYOU-TV, November 19, 2007

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Chapter 12: Our Journey to the Holy Land

Then he was told, “Go out and stand on the mountain before Yahweh.”

Then Yahweh
Himself went by. There came a mighty wind, so strong it tore the mountains and shattered the rocks before Yahweh. But Yahweh was not in the wind. After the wind came an earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but Yahweh was not in the fire.

And after the fire
there came the sound of a gentle breeze. And when Elijah heard this, he covered his face with his cloak and went out and stood at the entrance of the cave.

Then a voice came to him
which said, “What are you doing here, Elijah?” He replied, “I am filled with jealous zeal for Yahweh Sabaoth, because the sons of Israel have deserted You, broken down Your altars and put Your prophets to the sword. I am the only one left and they want to kill me.”

“Go” Yahweh said, “go back by the same
way to the wilderness of Damascus” (I Kings 19:11-15).

Father, today as I read about Elijah, I was filled with love for You, and also experienced a sense of my own inadequacy. Yes, I know that You have also spoken to me, but I am such a nothing– who will listen to me? Oh, Father, send forth Your Holy Spirit in great abundance, to remedy the shameful situation of divisiveness in Your Church!

The force of evil, as everyone knows, encourages division, for if the unifying power of Your Holy Spirit did flourish and reign, we would have peace on Earth. Nor would there be a need for laws, as love and justice would accompany peace. Even language would cease to be a barrier. I know this because today, as we went about our travels in your Holy Land, I had an experience of love in which that truth became evident to me without words any words being exchanged. A little boy in the street looked up at me and, when I looked directly into his eyes, I had only to smile and we instantly reached an affinity. Yes, love does have the power to unite.

Yet I know that there are others in the world who would not respond in that same way. For example, those who have not been exposed to love, those who are rooted in evil, and others who are prey to any number of human weaknesses. Faced with love, those rooted in evil would undoubtedly find themselves repulsed; there could be no affinity. Someone who has not previously experienced God’s love can only be prompted to respond with a desire to share in and become a party to such love.

All those rooted in evil are united in the force of evil, and gather together under the banner of the devil. Those who are inclined to hate desire to inflict injury, even take the life of another. Their desire is to promote dissension, to engage in any and all acts rooted in evil.

Father, You have led me to see that sadness, deprivation, and also guilt can occupy the minds and souls of those who love and accept You but have unintentionally fallen prey to Satan’s plan to promote disunity. They have done so by engaging in worship of those other than You. As a result we Your children have become a weak force for good in the world. I pray You help the leaders of all religions who, because of human pride or other reasons, have bred disunity. Help them to take the initiative to accept responsibility for any part they may have played in the resulting separation. Assist them in seeking forgiveness from one another. Their doing so would exhibit to the world that they are more interested in how they seem to You than to the world. This action would also point to the truth that they need to follow in the way of peace and love, the way of Your Son Jesus.

Father, in our love for You, help us to engage in and experience the freedom of thought and, more importantly, to have the liberty to express that speculation. If indeed it is in line with Your will, inspire our leaders to see that it is You who have inspired it.

Common sense dictates that just as it is You who first created our consciousness, it is You and You alone who have allowed its expansion. It is clear to see that the broadening of our awareness has permitted us to accomplish many things–to fly, to communicate, to enjoy myriad new discoveries and technological advancements. Therefore this awareness can also be effective in helping us to more clearly understand You. In light of that expansion, help us always to remember that You are a changeless God, You are Love, You are, have always been, and will forever be the same.

Conversely, we Your children live in a state of constant change, and just as a child grows and naturally matures so that his understanding of his parent changes, so too does our conception of You change as our consciousness expands and we become spiritually mature, more like You in whose image You have created us.

You have led me to see that, since Your Holy Spirit, the Breath of Life, resides within the whole of humanity, we the citizens of Your Kingdom are capable of unifying with and becoming in tune with You and one another. Consequently we can be effective in changing the whole world, joining under Your banner, the banner of God, to be a powerful force for good on Earth.

Father, especially help us to prompt all religious leaders to come together and be enlightened to the truth of love and justice, to the way that Jesus, in Oneness with You, has pointed out, for only then will the barriers of division be broken down and the Earth be rid of evil.

Matt. 21:21-22,
Jesus answered, “I tell you solemnly, if you have faith and do not doubt at all, not only will you do what I have done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, “Get up and throw yourself into the sea,” it will be done. And if you have faith, everything you ask for in prayer you will receive.

Today is our last day in Rome, the seat of authority of our Church. I wonder how many others before me have arrived here with high hopes, with a vision of the future of our Church, only to have their expectations stifled, since there appears to be no way to have them heard? Yet, speaking for myself, the disappointment has not succeeded in deterring me, for I do believe that at some future time, with God’s help, the prophecies and messages I bring to the Holy Father will be heard. While I wait for that to happen, I hope and pray that the inner urgings which serve to prompt and move me to get on with this task will be gentle and not torment me. I have done all I can, at least for now. I can do nothing more now than wait, and hope.

No comments: