TV Interview, WYOU-TV, November 19, 2007

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Chapter 11: Slain in the Spirit: Dormission

O unconquered area, domain of freedom...senses could go unleashed overwhelming immensity peace quiet purity area of domain of spirit so vast I perceive the presence of nothing known and yet the sense of being encompassment of the encompassing All. Slight fear but no fear except as a child while in the sight of loving parents takes off and attempts to walk take a step...Oh, just to be fixed locked Father, how much do You allow Your children to see You? Quest of life quest of infinity...when will we just be? I look for words of praise but none can suffice, none are large enough, none immense enough to describe You...I sense an inability to put into words a dimension only a word the Magnitude of the Magnificence...man is limited in his perception, though contained in himself is the ability to escape limit as we know limit, since we do not know limit where God is concerned...

The freedom in the presence of God the lightness to rid oneself of a cumbersome body All the days of my life...

Scripture scholars offer the following evidence of accounts of dormission, of being “slain in the Spirit”:

• In John 18:4-6, “Knowing everything that was going to happen to Him, Jesus then came forward and said, ‘Who are you looking for?’ They answered. ‘Jesus, the Nazarene.’ He said, ‘I Am He.’ They moved back and fell to the ground.”

• In Revelation 1:17, “When I saw Him, I fell in a dead faint at His feet, but He touched me with His right hand and said, “Do not be afraid; it is I, the First and the Last; I Am the Living One.”

• At the tomb of our Lord, in Matthew 28:4, “The guards we re so shaken, so frightened of Him, that they were like dead men.”

• In Acts 9:3-5: “Suddenly while he was traveling to Damascus and just before he reached the city, there came a light from heaven all around him. He fell to the ground, and then he heard a voice saying, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?’ ‘Who are You Lord?’ he asked, and the
voice answered, ‘I Am Jesus and you are persecuting me.’”

No comments: